- June 2016 - A wide range of science opportunities enabled for the community by SPHEREx are described in the white paper resulting from February's workshop: see Doré et al., 2016. The science topics are wide-ranging, and include extragalactic, galactic, and solar system investigations.
- June 2016 - The ability of SPHEREx to measure very accurate redshifts is described in detail in a new paper from the SPHEREx team. See Stickley et al., 2016.
- June 2016. The SPHEREx sampling algorithm is described in a paper
recently accepted by the Journal of Astronomical Instrumentation. See
Zemcov et al., 2016 for more.
- January 2016. The SPHEREx team described the updated mission concept in six presentations at the Kissimmee AAS meeting:
An All-Sky Spectral Survey (Bock; [PDF]),
Instrument Design and Implementation (Korngut; [PDF]),
Probing the Physics of Inflation (Doré ; [PDF]),
The Origin and Evolution of Interstellar and Protoplanetary Biogenic Molecules: A Comprehensive Survey of Interstellar Ices (Melnick; [PDF]),
Understanding the Origin and Evolution of Galaxies through the Extragalactic Background Light (Zemcov; [PDF]), and
Science Opportunities for the Astronomical Community (Cooray; [PDF]).
- September 2015. K. Mitchell-Wynne et al., Ultraviolet luminosity density of the universe during the epoch of reionization, Nature Communications, 6, 7945.
An analysis of fluctuations on arcminute scales in deep HST/ACS and WFC3 mosaics, extending the technique to shorter wavelengths than previously explored at these depths. Presents new predictions for the strength of the signal from galaxies at redshifts beyond z=8.
- July 2015. S. Spangelo, R. Katti, S. Unwin, J. Bock,
"All Sky Survey Mission Observing Scenario Strategy",
Journal of Astronomical Telescopes, Instruments, and Systems, 1, 3, 37.
A detailed discussion of a general observing strategy for an all-sky survey, including spacecraft and instrument optimization, constraints, and a scheduling algorithm. This strategy will be used by the SPHEREx mission to achieve its all-sky and and deep-sky surveys.
- December 2014. O. Doré et al.,"SPHEREx: An All-Sky Spectral Survey", http://arxiv.org/abs/1412.4872.
A summary of the SPHEREx mission, including mission overview, instrument parameters, survey motivations, simulation pipeline, construction of galaxy catalog, systematics, and the SPHEREx legacy.